Welcome to AMOVA – Start moving

The history of Amova

Carl Eberhard Weiss laid the foundations for the development of today's SMS group, and thus also of AMOVA, in 1871 with a forging plant in Siegen. Continuous further development, acquisitions and innovations allowed the company to grow successfully over decades. This is how SIEMAG Siegener Maschinenbau AG was founded in Dahlbruch.

1871
Carl Eberhard Weiss
Carl Eberhard Weiss laid the foundations in 1871 with a forge in Siegen.

1955

Outsourcing of crane and mining technology to Netphen and founding of the independent subsidiary SIEMAG Maschinen- und Stahlbau GmbH

1955
Foundation of SIEMAG in Netphen
Development and sale of conveyor systems for the mining sector as well as transport and crane systems for the metallurgical and rolling mill industries

1970s

Change of name to SIEMAG Transplan GmbH (1973) and entry into the warehouse-technology sector (mid-1970s)

1999

Takeover of the company PKM Maschinen GmbH & Co. KG in Balve, thus expanding the product range to include packaging machines

2002
Change of name in 2002
SIEMAG Transplan GmbH is renamed SIEMAG GmbH

2007

Sale of the Mining Technology business unit. Focus on core business: storage, transport and packaging systems for the steel and non-ferrous metals industry

2009

Takeover of the company Köhne Marking Systems GmbH & Co. KG in Wuppertal, thus expanding the product range to include marking systems.

2010

Change of name to SMS Logistiksysteme GmbH

2014
Launch of the ACUNIS brand
Entry into the air-cargo handling sector – creation of the ACUNIS brand together with Unitechnik Systems GmbH

2016

Change of name to AMOVA GmbH

2017

Entry into the port logistics sector – development of high-bay storage systems for container terminals